Saturday, February 12, 2005

Some good from the Tsunami??

Ok, so either I'm trying to be overly optimistic, or I'm just a science geek, but when I read this, the first thing I thought was "Wow, at least something beneficial came of the Tsunami"

Tsunami throws up India relics

Let me do a bit of explaining, first of all.

I'm a geek. A big science geek. While I may not always let on about my inherit geek-i-ness, there are quite a few times when I just can't help but let the geek out. That can be the only explanation for me even considering that an archaelogical discovery can even begin to be worthwhile given that so many have suffered.

But again, I'm a geek.

So anyways, I've read a lot about Mahabalipuram. Mainly because I took some interesting classes on South Asian history while in college. And discoveries like these just make me believe even more strongly, that nature somehow gives something back regardless of what it takes. In this case, it reveals more about the history of Indian peoples and so that makes it more cool in my eyes. It can in no way compare to the enormity of suffering, but it's certainly something which the optimistic part of me can look upon as something small which humanity gained at nature's hand.

Anyways, I won't go on about this sea-side site. I know way too much about it than is useful for any discussion. I'll just go back to my cave now.

No comments: