Thursday, July 13, 2006

Snap! Crackle! Click! Photography in the New York Times

Wow, I haven't written about photography since March! And just when I was trying to find some interesting portfolios to talk about, I run across a link on the NY Times homepage. Being that I love photography, I find this Q&A with the NY Times Assistant Managing Editor for Photography very interesting.

Talk to the Newsroom: Assistant Managing Editor for Photography, Michele McNally

I'm far from a news photojournalist, but I'm always amazed by photographs of news-worthy events. This Q&A features several wonderful photos in-line and the discussion of the philosophy about what makes a good news photo, what choices are made when selecting photos to run, and so many other things really intrigues me.

In a future life, when I don't have a 9-to-5, I'd love to do more freelance work. Most likely, not on-going event coverage, but editorial coverage would definitely be right up my alley. Here's to hoping that the plan works out.

Filed Under:

No comments: