Wednesday, November 09, 2005

It's Mah Birfday!

Yay! The Big Three-Oh!

So it's still barely my birthday, but I must say it's been a pretty good 24 hours. We caught the U2 show last night and ended up with some decent spots on the floor. We didn't get into the circle in the middle, but it was still a great show. Much better than their show earlier this year at HP Pavilion.

Then my oh so dear wife has been showering me with gifts for days on end!

I suppose it's a good thing since I rarely get anything for myself. If she doesn't get me something, there's a very slim chance that I would actually buy it myself. So it started out with a new dress shirt, then a new jacket which I've been meaning to get. Those were apparently unplanned gifts which she just found by-the-by.

The "real" gifts came today in the form of a gift for each decade of my life (ie, 3 gifts). The first gift was actually 5 items wrapped into one. CDs ranging from hip-hop to rock (thank Anish for the great recommendations). So here's what I'll be spinning for a while to come: Earth Tones by Crown City Rockers, Funeral by The Arcade Fire, Beyond the Spectrum... by Digable Planets, Demon Days by Gorillaz, and finally, The Craft by Blackalicious. Talk about a great blend of loungy, jazzy hip-hop and rock! As The Digables would say, I've got a nickel bag of funk!

What else did I get? I got some nice shoes which, again, I've been meaning to get. And finally I got a new espresso/coffee maker to replace my woeful array of caffeine machines. My last espresso maker can't make more than one shot of espresso at a time (and I like my coffee drinks strong and bitter) and the steamer is inconsistent.

Oh, and lets not forget the most time consuming gift of all...my wifey baked me a cake. From scratch! Yum!

So there you have it. Some people may have issues with entering a new decade of life, but I'm looking forward to mah dirrrty thirrrty. It's nice to start of my 30th year with so many nice things that I've been wanting for quite some time. Of course, all the time I've been spending with my wife has been great (especially since I've been so busy lately). Just think how fun it'll be spending a night out with the peoples this Friday! If you think I'm giddy right now, wait until I get some alcohol in me ;)

No comments: