Friday, September 10, 2004

Sunset at the Taj


In my last post I mentioned that I'm going to post some of my photos. So this is the first. It's actually the first photo which I took that I was proud to display.

So this is the sunset at Agra, just outside of the Taj Mahal, taken in February, 2000. The towers you see aren't the Taj, but towers on the wall surrounding the grounds. I'd have to say that this silhouette is more dumb luck than my photography skill. This shot comes down to metering mode and exposing for the sunset rather than the foreground. At least that's what I read in a photography tips book the day before taking this :) So I gave it a try and look what I got!

Posted by Hello <--- By the way, this little logo is for Hello, a photo application from Picasa. Google recently bought Picasa (and thereby Hello) and they've made it possible to post photos to Google's Blogger. Talk about synergies :) In any case, I would highly recommend Picasa for folks who are looking for an easy to use digital photo organizer. It can do some simple photo editing as well as web albums. They've done a good job at making it easy to use and really slick to look at. I feel like I'm using a Mac when I start it up. I'm still trying to figure out if I like Hello. Right now, it's just a way to upload my pics without using my own server space. Other than that, I'm not sure if I find it all that useful. Apparently you can chat and swap photos with other users through Hello, just like an IM client, but I don't have anyone else signed up to swap with :)

No comments: